I personally find Twitter to be a bit of an annoyance.
Sure, it’s a great place to engage customers with real-time customer support, but it’s also crowded, distracting and filled with nonsensical ramblings.
If you’re selective, however, you can find some excellent resources.
That’s how I use Twitter. I follow the select few who share informative, educational and insightful ideas, and links to relevant content.
Here are 15 Public Relations experts and contributors that I think are truly worth the follow.
- Bill Stoller – 25-year PR Pro helping others get their share of publicity; Editor & Founder, Free Publicity Newsletter.
- Joan Stewart – Publicity and PR expert, journalist, author, biker chick, gardener, foodie, Weight Watchers devotee, Sopranos junkie & proud Cheesehead.
- Paul Hartunian – World renowned free publicity expert, 1st person to REALLY sell the Brooklyn Bridge, making worldwide news.
- Deirdre Breakenridge – CEO of Pure Performance Communications, speaker, author of Social Media and Public Relations & PR 2.0, adjunct professor.
- Todd Defren – Principal at SHIFT Communications, and a PR blogger.
- Danny Brown – Chief Technologist @ArCIntel. Co-author Influence Marketing: How to Create, Manage and Measure Brand Influencers in Social Media Marketing
- Barbara Rozgonyi – Public Speaker * Corporate Trainer * 3D Social Media * Photographer * SMCChicago Founder
- Pam Perry – Award-winning Social Media Marketing & PR Pro, Radio host, Author, Community Manager, Content Curator, Wife, mother & Branding Superstar!
- Dan Janal – Publicity speaker and PR consultant. I help people become thought leaders with effective and affordable services. Author of Reporters Are Looking for YOU!
- Petri Darby – Brand marketing, digital & communications strategist for Make-A-Wish America. Did agency, corporate and political gigs too.
- Dan Keeney – President of DPK Public Relations, baseball and cycling fan and beer enthusiast.
- Heather Whaling – Communicating … Connecting. PR & SM small biz owner (@GebenComm). Love nonprofits, sports, politics, news, pop culture, vino & my iPhone. Blog: www.prtini.com
- Sarah Evans – @SevansStrategy, non-profit, social good, fashion, #journchat and MediaOnTwitter, community mgr @Pitchengine, dog lover.
- Valerie Simon – SVP BurrellesLuce Media Monitoring and Measurement; Public Relations Columnist/ Freelance writer, Suburban mom of 2/still a NYC girl @ heart.
- David Meerman Scott – Marketing speaker and bestselling author of The New Rules of Marketing and PR and the new book World Wide Rave.
Which PR experts on Twitter do you think should be added to the list?